Friday, March 2, 2007

CRM Tutor Program Has 9 New Volunteers

At the end of February, one of our volunteers, Aileen, who oversees our tutoring program, came “bouncing” into my office. She was so excited about the “Great Things” happening in the tutoring program.

First, she told me about the nine new volunteers who will be working with her, helping our clients, with their reading and math.

Then she told me even more exciting news. One of our clients needed help with his geometry (I haven’t done geometry since - well, let’s just say a very long time ago. I knew I would be of no help). The client was assigned a new tutor. He explained his need to her. When he was done, the tutor got so excited. She had just completed her GED and had all the material. She was going to collect it and make it available for the client for his geometry lessons.

Aileen was so excited. Not only had God provided additional volunteers, he provided the right ones with the right materials at the right time for the right client.

No comments: